An Omnibus provides a secure and reliable way to distribute digital content. Documents are always delivered and stored in an encrypted format. In fact, no Information is ever stored (or even temporarily saved) on the client PC in a non-encrypted format.
Omnibus content distribution enables you to distribute a variety of rich content types to your clients. Virtually any type of digital content can be distributed using Omnibus technology. Typical content include:
- Any Microsoft Office document (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Visio, etc.)
- Adobe PDF files
- All standard image formats, e.g. JPG, PNG, BMP, GIF, etc.
- Videos (Some video formats may require 3rd party video codecs to be installed)
- Music files, e.g. MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, etc.
- Any web content, e.g. HTML, Flash, etc,
When possible, content is served directly from the Omnibus to the application that is used to view the content. For instance, a document such an Adobe PDF file will be loaded directly from the Omnibus into the PDF viewer without first being extracted to the hard disk.